Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Puppy Please

I'm a Lady in waiting. OK, I'm no lady at all, but I am waiting.

I don't wait well.

Hate to wait.

But.... I am very excited about what I 'may' be waiting for.

We went to the animal shelter on the weekend. My family has been contemplating a getting a dog since the fall of 2005. Given I don't get to bring my little time-share doggy to work anymore, it feels like time.

Sooooo.... we looked online, and went to see a dog there. And, as we were there, my youngest found...... a puppy. A tiny little boy who was found flea and worm infested at his owner's home. It breaks my heart anyone could be so neglectful. Anyway.... the guy has until Friday to pay for the treatment and reclaim his puppy (can you believe he's allowed to do that after mistreating it already!?) and if he doesn't, then.... we get him.

The shelter guy was fabulous. He said.... call me with a name for the puppy by 4 and I'll go on Wednesday to find out if the owner wants to pay. He also said that he's been at the shelter for 2 years and he's never seen the owners pay... sooo... I'm hopeful!

He's black.

I named him Onyx.

I want him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

puppy love...

just what that puppy needs too.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! If all is right with the world then he belongs with you.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get to give this little guy a new home!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, he belongs with you

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home