Saturday, February 28, 2009

Exercise

I am not interested in....

What I really want is...

Go ahead, finish the statements. Again. And again.

This is something sometimes asked of participants in retreats/workshops Oriah Mountain Dreamer leads. It's a tool, used to remove layers. We get buried in layers, don't we? I mean, our western world piles them on everywhere we turn - TV media, advertising, billboard, magazines - all telling us what we should be, what we should aspire to, what we should want. So what we TRULY want in the deepest corners of our souls, can get lost, buried in layers.

I'm going to do this exercise today. I think (or like to think) I'm a little less buried than some - I don't buy into the keeping up with the Jones mentality - but there is no question I'm affected by the programming of our world.

I'm curious to see where this exercise leads me and what revelations might await!

1 Comments:

Blogger lady godiva said...

i'm doing this.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home