Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Dad...

  • had a Buddha belly, usually brown from the sun
  • loved to laugh and found humour all around
  • was as grounded a soul as I have ever known
  • rarely got really angry - I only remember him yelling once
  • loved
  • was open about his mistakes, genuine
  • did better when he knew better
  • taught me about integrity.... what you do when no one is looking and you know you can't get caught sill leaves you to look yourself in the mirror, leaves you knowing even if no one else does.... so make your choices with that in mind and peace will be yours
  • could FART! oh my god
  • valued simplicity in his life, was not materialistic though he did achieve a comfortable affluence
  • taught me that contentment is something inside and can exist if you live in a shack or a mansion
  • did everything in his life by... just doing it
  • was strong, made me feel safe
  • was an amazing Grandpa to my eldest (the others didn't get to know him)
  • taught me that laughter was a powerful thing
  • was loyal, compassionate, and generous
  • I miss him every day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home