Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Father's Eyes

Nine years and still not a day goes by I don't think of you, wish I could talk to you, ask what you think, want desperately to hug you.

Not one day.

And, I am reminded of you often by what remains... *smiling*

Little John - K - is JUST LIKE YOU. . He has your dimples, your smile, the glint in your eyes. His Spirit is like you too - strong, compassionate, and damn the boy can hug. Papa, you'd be SO proud of him.

I ache for your wisdom and you are still the measure of integrity for me....What would Dad do? What would Dad say? What compassion can be found here that I'm missing? How would Dad deal with this?

And that "Man in the Mirror" thing you taught me is still how I govern my actions and what I teach the boys.

I miss you every day. I love you Papa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home