Thursday, January 13, 2005

He's Magic, and I can't fix what's hurting him.

He touches anyone who comes into contact with him, my middle child. I hear "there's something about that child" all the time. He's a delight, his spirit has a purity. He seems to feel what others feel, seems to be able to get through the normal barriers we adults construct around us. Big blue eyes that look right into your soul and just melt ya. This isn't just the extremely biased opinion of an adoring parent, there really is something about him. He engages people, even people who wouldn't ordinarily respond to a child can't help but interact with him and leave the encounter smiling. Even people who deal with children all the time notice. I see it over and over again.

I don't know if there's anything more intense than worrying about a sick child. Ya see, he's been different since before he entered this world - and he's had too many challenges in his little life. He's stopped eating now. Two days, grape juice only. He's so tiny for 4 years old - looks 3 or even a larger 2. No meat to spare on those beautiful little bones. Physically frail, but his spirit fills up a room and lifts everyone in it. This weekend, if he still hasn't eaten, we'll have to take him to the hospital - where nothing that happens will make sense to him. He won't understand, and yet I feel like he understands things we never will. I ache - and it's not like any other ache I've known.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Edge said...

It would seem he is surrounded by white light, both yours and his. I'll send nothing but positive thoughts from this direction.

5:15 AM  
Blogger MysticSpirit (Sass) said...

again, you make me smile, thank you Edge

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parent love is like no other. Let it fill you up - fill him up - wound you - heal you - heal him. Don't run.

Dave

6:43 AM  
Blogger Muse said...

Aww Momma, I feel for ya. White light and perfect thoughts your way.

9:19 AM  
Blogger MysticSpirit (Sass) said...

Thank you Muse *smiles*

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one touches my heart. I certainly wish all healing and love comes your way. Poor little guy. I hope he is doing better.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home