Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wide Open

Not cracked and peeking through, not half way, all the way open... that door.

I love when my instinct is strong, when I feel it so intensely that even without any logic, anything to back it up, I follow that divine sense.

It'd been a while, since we'd seen each other, except in passing. Moments after arriving, he's pouring me a drink. All that tentative energy on the ride over... how would it be, would he touch me, did I want him to touch me, how would he touch me, when, where? Facing away from him, I hear the glug glug glug of the liquid meeting the glass. Staring out the window at the lush yard, I feel the tension growing as his footsteps approach. He wasn't tentative. His arm slides around my waist, pulls me to him, I lean back into his chest, the softest sound escapes - both of us suddenly more at ease.

So sitting, talking, sipping... laughing... it happened... he let me into his life, and I knew nothing would be the same. The pictures did me in - his wife, his kids... and the pain in his eyes that it was ending - as of a few weeks ago when he moved out. Yup, his own open door. Changes things.... the opening - mine and his - kicks it up to a whole new level.

We talked about life, about karma, about choices, about the journey. Deepak Chopra and those 7 laws... things of philosophy and life and fear and sex and love. We laughed too... at our lives, our mistakes, ourselves. We touched. Raw. Human. Connection. We found depth.

Open doors, don't ya just love those?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man of your dreams?

2:58 PM  
Blogger MysticSpirit (Sass) said...

I'm married to the only man of my dreams.... and I don't wanna be married to anyone else *smiling*

this man... is a friend... a deliciously wicked fuck friend... not a romantic type of caring, it's.... connection with lust *wink*

3:36 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

open doors are A-1.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home