Monday, July 04, 2005

Touch

Touch. Isn't it what we all crave? Touching another, being touched, connection - it's fundamental to our humanness.

I am blessed. I have been touched by amazing people, had the honor of touching them - people who are incredible souls. My cup runneth over. And new relationships, the possibility of that intense connection, how exciting is that?

I love being let in. I love the way I feel when he lets me see him, really see him - when the walls begin to crumble, when his face softens, when there's almost a pleading in his eyes that says "I' trust you with my soul, I'm letting you in, you get a place in my heart now." You can actually see the risk - taste it, feel it surround us - when he allows me to see his vulnerability, his confusion, his imperfection, his pain - when he feels safe. I like making him feel safe, I like feeling safe with him. Once that happens, nothing is ever the same, we're changed... it's deeper - bigger risk, bigger payoff.

The connection that grows from exposure is something that fires me up inside, it's like nourishment to my Spirit. We all crave connection with others, but we stand in our own way so often, not willing to risk.

I'm full today, filled with love - for myself, for my friends, for my life, for my amazing husband and my exceptional children - all who renew me when the world sometimes wears me down, who remind me of what it is to truly be alive . Today, I feel love, I'm sending love, giving love, wishing love for all.

*contented sigh*

5 Comments:

Blogger lady godiva said...

couldn't be happier for you

this is wonderful to hear.
:)

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great post!!

"I trust you with my soul, I'm letting you in"

Your being willing to open, it's very attractive. In my experience it's also very unusual. This "he" is a very lucky guy.

9:02 AM  
Blogger madgirl said...

beautiful.

just wow :)

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you said...
Ditto.
Big time.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

"perfect"

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home