Friday, June 17, 2005

Fathers Day

My Father was a remarkable man, and his imprint is visible in me, in my children, even now. I was daddy's girl - no question - not spoiled (well maybe a little) but so very connected. I have more respect for the man he was, the sacrifices he made for his family, the example he set for me than I can find words for. I think of him... I think of integrity, family, laughter, playing cards, boating, camping, aviation, good food, wine, and well... farts! *laughing* I'm grateful every day that I was blessed getting to your baby - thank you Dad.

And you... there is NO ONE else I would want to have babies. The light and life in your eyes the days they arrived, or when you're rolling on the ground with the boys, or watching them clumsily walk in your big shoes as they play, or checking on them when they sleep - well... it ignites me. I love how you love them - how you show it, how you talk it, how you feel it, how you live it. Love is an action, not just a word or an emotion, and you LOVE them - they are SO lucky to have you and so am I! OOOOSH!

To those of you Dad's in blogland - I hope you have the most WONDERFUL day!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post Mystic.

And thanks, we dads appreciate the sentiment!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Edge said...

wonderful tribute to your father.

you ever need a stand in daddy I'm always available and have extensive experience........just sayin'.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smiling*

Thanks Meat

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home