Monday, August 01, 2005

Comfort and Loving LIfe

There are things we turn to for comfort... sometimes because we're weary, but sometimes, just to indulge and enjoy or celebrate life huh? Just a few things...

  • cool sheets in summer
  • actually, my bed in general (it's cozy)
  • my Dad's arms snuggin' me
  • icecream (from the Evil Shack, of course - currently mango)
  • the rocking chair with an infant, the scent of a baby
  • herbal tea - lemon, black current, peach
  • popcorn and the right movie
  • soulful music
  • the ocean - sound smell sight feel
  • wind blowing through leaves
  • the rain - I love LOVE LOVE the rain
  • my children's smiles and belly laughs - eyes all lit up full of life
  • my husband's pit (you know, all snuggled in on his chest... we call that pit)
  • hugs
  • someone who knows me... really knows... and loves me anyway - the few I can be weak with
  • writing
  • a bath with vanilla, and a glass of red wine
  • candles
  • singing
  • sunflowers
  • a back rub, jojoba oil and vanilla (given or received)
  • getting stoned with a friend
  • your eyes - yes, you know who you are
  • skinny dipping
  • having my toenails painted
  • puppies
  • blowing bubbles
  • looking at photos

Soothing, playful, exciting, tantalizing, appreciating, engaging... living.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger lady godiva said...

aaahhh yes...
comfort

i loved this

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you forgot flicking the bean. ;)

(OK, I know, trust a man to bring sex into it...)

Seriously, though...good list.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no shit Ed! --laffs--

but yah cool list

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home