Friday, October 07, 2005

Peace?

There is something of a cruel irony in the conclusion of this disease. 6:20am October 6, 2005 she went to have tea with her parents, her brother Peter, her Auntie Nelly - I'm quite sure my Mom and Dad are there with her too - strange things been happening in my house, I'll post a paranormal post at a later date.

Witnessing her discomfort, her pain, the slow methodical stripping of her physical dignity, the weakening... you want nothing more than for her to have peace, to let go, to pass over. When she does there's a momentary sigh, she has peace now.

You hang on to that peace, because you feel anything but peace huh?

The funeral will be next week. I have been through a full Catholic mass 2 other times in 20 years - for my Mother's funeral and my Fathers... this will make 3. I mention I detest the premise of it? I'll even do the prayers ceremony the night before - I remember I was baffled how after all those years, the rosary came back to me word for fucking word (had my Irish Nana on one side of me and my Dad on the other... if I'd have slipped up I mighta got a swat upside the head - damn pressure that! *laughing*)

We did get some giggling out of it all, 'cuz it's not like I'm not used to spending 40 minutes on my knees, I'm just not usually praying at the time *laughing*

I just want to say a massive thank you - the warmth, the compassion, the support you all have shown me is quite overwhelming. Thank you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

I'm so glad that you were able to check in.

Well for what it's worth, you do sound at peace. Sorry for your loss Mystic. So glad that you can imagine her meeting everyone for tea. What a heartwarming picture that is.

hugs,

11:41 AM  
Blogger Edge said...

I'm sending the strong stuff, you know? The really strong connection center of the fire stuff. Love you baby.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Shinta said...

Thank you for painting that beautiful picture of peace for us. It inspires me to look for my own peace as well.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I'm sorry for your loss. But that's a beautiful image indeed...

2:47 PM  
Blogger lady godiva said...

i'm sorry....
thoughts to all with you as well.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My condolences, of course, but there must be relief that her pain has ended. Good luck bearing with the Mass. I look forward to reading your paranormal post. And now life returns to 'normal'.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

went to have tea with her parents...
What a beautiful way of putting it.
Good thoughts coming to you from this side of the water.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are times I wish I could transcend the physical limitations of this medium and actually be there for you.....My thoughts and prayers are with you. Huggggs, Map.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Muse said...

Ive missed you sweetie. I hope peace comes your way soon. Lots of love from me to you.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you found TALK BEFORE SLEEP yet? Elizabeth Berg...
get it.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home