Monday, March 28, 2005

Rain

It stormed the other night. Massive gusts of wind, pelting relentless rain. I love it. I got up and opened the window. I wanted to hear it. I wanted to inhale it. I wanted to feel it. I fell into slumber and dreamed. I dreamed of standing outside, naked. I felt the rain landing on my skin, the drops winding their way down my body. I love the rain. There's something cleansing about it. It renews. It refreshes. The air smells amazing after a storm, like everything that wasn't washed away can begin anew.

6 Comments:

Blogger Edge said...

you naked in the rain.....yeah, I got that one

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with that Edge dude.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your regard for rain. I think that may just come with living on the Wet Coast. If we didn't love it, we wouldn't be here. There is nothing more beautiful than an ancient rainforest. There are few things more refreshing than a cleansing rainfall.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I'm glad that you 'get' it too. There's something about laying in the dark, just listening to the rain.

It soothes.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

naked... rain... I'm stuck there

9:05 PM  
Blogger Toxic Angel said...

I'm with you and Flygirl on loving the sound of rain at night. I crave it sometimes...

I think we are now getting your gusty rainy bad weather... except it must have turned to snow somewhere over the Prairies because we're getting that mixed in too... Booo

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home