Monday, February 28, 2005

Cuz Edge said we should!

*laughing* and I always do what I'm told *still laughing*

Well... it did seem like it'd be fun, and it's not just anyone suggesting it! *grin* But ya know, I am a list virgin...

  • I don't much care for cats, love dogs, definitely a dog person
  • I enjoy gardening.... something about earth energy... I like to do it barefoot
  • I loved being pregnant, felt very whole, very feminine, very spiritual, very sexy pregnant
  • I have 3 children, all boys
  • I love skin to skin contact... nursing a baby, snuggling in bed naked and the like
  • Having children deepened my appreciation for my Parents - they were amazing people
  • I have experienced sex with women, I'd like to again
  • My drivers license says I have green eyes, people have called them both green and blue, so I don't know
  • I did not do any drugs in highschool. I was 30 the first time I smoked a joint. This young 18 year old girl I hired at the bank came to visit when I moved away and said "I'm getting you stoned" *laughing* I just got hungry. I have on only a few other occasions since, gotten stoned. I liked it. I'm fairly uninhibited sober *laughing* I don't need anything to 'take the edge off' - I like the edge *grinning* But seriously, I can get wild when I'm straight, on a substance, I can get illegal
  • Yes, they ARE real
  • I find balance in life an incredibly difficult thing to attain and maintain - mostly, I don't do balance well, just move from one focus to the next to the next
  • The Invitation was a life-altering experience for me
  • I've had "paranormal" experiences and while I have skepticism too, there have been multiple things that have me... believing
  • I'm used to getting what I want, I try not to pout when, every now and then, I don't
  • I swear quite a lot.
  • I now work with all men, our customer base is mostly men, and very testosterone-filled manly men at that. I fit in very well *laughing*
  • I'm learning about tools and equipment relating to construction - I'm talkin' jack hammers, plate compactors, concrete vibrators, nail guns and of course the necessary implements of power like air compressors. I've even tried testing a jack hammer - but I have LOTS to learn
  • I can appear as your classic business professional, but my inner slut is always present - more now than ever in my life. Someone who met me in business and knows me very well now says he could see in my eyes I was a naughty girl - power suit and well heeled or not
  • I have been stopped many many times for speeding, I rarely get a ticket
  • I know what it is to feel true sorrow
  • Death has touched me in ways I cannot express in a list and it has changed me - who I am and how I see the world
  • I did not know what it was to truly stand alone in the world until my Father passed over
  • The world as it is today, scares me - more for my children and grandchildren - we're destroying it
  • I love red wine - the way the liquid moves in the glass, the rich colour of it, the taste - love it
  • There are wonderful things that can be done with frozen grapes
  • Don't come eat at my home if you don't like garlic - ideally you should believe there can never be too much garlic, then you'll really fit in
  • I learned to speak German before I spoke English because we were living in Germany while I was age 2 to age 5 (wish I could remember it now!)
  • I'm much more likely to indulge in something salty than I am something sweet - chips and popcorn (made in a pot, with butter!) If I want something sweet, it's cheesecake, chocolate (the good stuff) or ice cream (has to be out of the box)
  • My favorite flowers are Sweet Peas, my Grandma grew walls of them, they smell heavenly and there's something.... innocent and pure about them
  • I can count on my fingers the number of people who have seen me cry - it's not that I don't or that I think there's anything wrong with it.... just.... being vulnerable isn't something that comes easily to me
  • I think it's possible some of us have been here before, likely even
  • I'm exceptionally loyal and fiercely protective
  • I don't get angry often or easily, but it's severe when it happens
  • I don't handle other's anger well - yelling, volatility, hostility - nope, not well at all
  • I am a coffee fiend - brown sugar and cream - not skim milk, cream
  • I like dangly earrings - to wear em and to see em
  • I like women's belly buttons and the round at the side of the breast
  • It's good we put the 'no through road' sign up after the last baby, I would want another. I can't wait for the nieces to start having babies, so I can get my fix! *laughing*
  • People often tell me things - intimate things - very early in the evolution of a friendship... I'm good with people's secrets
  • I can be extremely demanding of the people close to me
  • I am sometimes emotionally detached, a coping skill perhaps, and it can be very hard for those in my life who are used to feeling connected. Given my space to process, I always come back though.
  • I would not leave a relationship because the other was sexual with someone else, I understand fully the power of sexual intoxication
  • I want to travel to Greece and Italy - have always been drawn there
  • I have done that dirty dancing thing. I like it. A lot.
  • Many people close to me would be surprised and disturbed by my sexual experiences and philosophies. It doesn't trouble me though, I am not ashamed
  • I don't do guilt. I'm either OK with something, or I'm not. If I'm not I try to make amends, and failing being able to do that, I do it differently next time. Quite remarkable given my Catholic upbringing - oi - let's not go THERE again
  • There is something enticing for me about the Ocean - mystical, healing, soothing but incredibly powerful. I can see it from my home (until the leaves return *giggling*)
  • I find the moon enchanting and can spend hours watching it.
  • I love the rain.
  • I believe humour is an absolute necessity in life.
  • I think that "Youth is wasted on the young" phrase has some truth to it
  • I've been very surprised at how connected you can feel to someone you haven't met face to face
  • I believe you can love more than one person at a time without it diminishing anyone. I think we love different people in different ways. I'm not of the opinion there is only one person in the world for each of us, but many potential loves. Some of us are fortunate to experience incredible loves, I include myself in that category, and I'm grateful
  • This list makes me feel exposed, it's quite a strange sensation

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cross section.

More please.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Edge said...

Beautiful Sass, just lovely, it captures you.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to crawl inside your thoughts - incredible post

8:36 PM  
Blogger Toxic Angel said...

What a great list. Exposing indeed... but that's a good thing.

I looooovvvvve red wine too. mmmmm :P

And is there really any other way to have coffee, other than with cream???? ;)

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me want to know more of you. Do another?

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhhh.... frozen grapes?

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, what about the grapes?

5:20 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

I love your list....every single item. Its captivating.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home