Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Melancholy - or is it Cauliflower?

I'm feeling... squishy, wimpy, snugglin' on the couch all cozy today. I went for a run, usually that perks everything up... still got the cozies though.

I'm the queen of doing fine. Ask me how I am, you'll usually get a "fabulous"or a "fantastic" or on occasion a "pretty good" and rarely an "OK" - and usually, it's true. I am an optimist. I require that hopeful sense of the wonder of life. I don't do misery for long, I'm not built that way. But even I get droopy every now and then.

I've been told my energy is powerful, that those around me are strongly affected by my state of mind. When I'm up, I lift those close to me, they get intoxicated. It's nice to be able to do that. When I'm not though, unfortunately, it affects them equally but in the opposite direction. I intimidate at the best of times, I terrify folks when I'm down. This seems to be consistent. Not always sure what to make of it.

I thought of this while I ran:

Seeds. Potential unrealized. They can sprout, cells full of life, reaching for the sky.... but neglected they wither and wilt, then fade into the soil. Dreams of what could have been and the scent of possibilities, but not a real taste. Important to recognize the seeds.

I think tea... some herbal, earthy concoction... something grounding, yes. A quilt, pajamas, and a movie... light, soothing, happy ending movie. And later, wine, singing, and guitar playing... yup, that's what today holds me thinks.

Oh, and maybe some chocolate! *laughing*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

R & R that's what you need!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home