Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Triggers

Trigger words... or trigger phrases - things that said by the right voice, in the right tone, in just the right moment can make me cream - absolutely melt, push me right over the edge, leave me shaking shuddering gasping.

It's the association I have with these words and phrases that give them power. The association implies a certain dynamic. They didn't arrive all at once. I'm not even sure when they all started, they've evolved over time. I can pin-point some of them to a place in time or a person. They're all linked to a common theme, but different people or situations have hard wired them into my sexuality. Conditioned response maybe?

Standing alone they may mean something entirely different - or have no significant meaning at all. But in my nasty slutty little mind they evoke an intense reaction - the queen mother of sexual tools in the right hands - someone who knows just when to say them, or what inflection to use.

And... I'm noticing I'm much less able to hide my reaction now than I used to be - so sometimes someone might not even know in advance, but damned if my response doesn't totally give me away!

I know we all have sexual buttons, things that 'do it' for us, but I do find myself wondering if other people have the same intense reaction to triggers and if staying composed is challenging for others too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think men are more about something they see doing it for them and women are more about what is said.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Edge said...

I have lots, aural, visual........triggers.....would make a good post listing them.

I love having my finger on the trigger.

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely have them Smells have to be highest on my list..

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gonna share some of those triggers?

and what about that nasty slutty little mind?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home