Monday, January 16, 2006

Mama, Can You Hear Me?

I can't believe it's been 8 years. I knew what today was the moment my eyes fluttered open, it never escapes me. But when I looked at the calendar - 2006 - GOD! 2006!!! Eight years!

January 16, 1998. at 6:02 pm, my Mother's Spirit left her body here on Earth for what I hope is a better place - an existence without pain, fear, loneliness, loss.

The older I get, the more I appreciate my Mother - who was very different than I am. I long for her advice, her laugh, her warmth. My children's lives would be richer too if she were still here, no question about it.

I miss you Mama.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Is there any strong bond than the one between a girl and her Mama?

Hugs to you.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been 31 years and I still miss mine. Bless you beautiful.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home