Friday, December 30, 2005

I Know Nothing

I have decided the older I get, the less I know. I remember how clear the world was at 18. Damn! I knew everything then!!! All the complicated issues in the world were black and white, defined, positioned in neat and tidy little slots. It isn't only the grey in my hair that is increasing as I age!

I still have beliefs... I still hold them close... though it doesn't always come easy... but I don't KNOW anything.

I believe...
  • that we create our world based on what we think
  • that what we spend time thinking, is what we draw to our lives
  • that being aware of our thoughts isn't always easy
  • that things happen for a reason, even when we don't know what it is
  • that we can 'choose' to be content by how we choose to think, that we paint our perceptions
  • that what we 'feel' is filtered through our thought process and then either accepted and cherished, or rejected and released
  • that when we hold on to negative, it somehow serves us to do so and learning what we 'get' from keeping negative in our lives is imperative in learning to release it and create what we truly desire
  • that it isn't always easy to know what our true motivations are
  • that even when we know, it isn't always easy to admit
  • that if we spent more time nourishing our spirits and less time trying to fill ourselves up from the outside, we'd be much more content
  • that we are enriched in different ways by different people, each touching us in a unique way, each providing some combination of the human element necessary to feel alive
  • that you can be intimately connected to more than one person, unable to imagine your life without each of them
  • that emotional trauma is a catalyst for evolution
  • that a relationship (be it spousal, friendship, family, lover, friend or any combination of the lot) can fade even if neither party has done anything wrong, that you can love that person insanely and still not be able to make it work
  • that you can hold a person in your heart forever, that some touches leave imprints that are permanent
  • that sometimes fear of the unknown makes people stay in a safer place, even if it isn't fulfilling
  • that I have to have passion in my life to feel whole - passion for life, for adventure, for love, for laughing, for lust

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Happy New Year Mystic! May 2006 be very good to you.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you captured it baby.....where are you by the way?

1:40 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

My gawd...
I believe almost every single one
of these beliefs you listed.
Some, more passionately than others.
Especially from
"intimately connected to more than one person..."
on down to the bottom!

Wow! :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home